Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Missing the real things in life


I miss the days of honest friendship before lines got blurred.
I missed the days of being able to pick up the phone and call to talk.
I miss the life pep talks.
I miss the world I lived in which I was free.
I miss being able to love freely without consequence.
I miss being able to be open about everything.
I miss truth, honesty, and real talk.
I miss being called a young lady.
I miss the old life I had where meeting new people was easy to do.
I miss not being afraid to pack my bags and go anywhere.
I miss dreaming of a reality that I wished would come true.
I miss true love in the barest sense.
I miss knowing that a soul mate was a real thing.
I miss living in today and not worrying about tomorrow.
I miss being sane and crazy at the same time yet being loved for those very qualities.
I hate hiding behind the fake smiles and half-assed laugh.
I miss being respected and praised.
I missed feeling importance.
I miss that who made me realize life was a choice and the choices we made we had to be strong enough to stick with.
I miss you friend of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment